PHISH, WEDNESDAY 07/29/2026
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
SET 1: The Star-Spangled Banner, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Axilla (Part II)[1] > Esther, Guyute, Talk[2], If I Could[2], Bold As Love, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Harpua
SET 2: You Enjoy Myself[3] > Waste, I Didn't Know[4] > Suspicious Minds > Hold Your Head Up, Crosseyed and Painless[3] > Character Zero
ENCORE: A Day in the Life, Backwards Down the Number Line
[1] Lyrics restarted.
[2] Trey on acoustic.
[3] Trey on mini drum kit.
[4] Unfinished.
This show was Phish's 96th performance at Madison Square Garden, featured a setlist composed of songs from the band's 1996 era sans the show-closing Backwards Down the Number Line, Trey and Mike wearing outfits from 1996, and multiple bustouts: The Star-Spangled Banner (last played December 28, 2016, or 362 shows), Talk (last played October 13, 2023, or 122 shows), Harpua (last played December 31, 2023, or 116 shows), and Suspicious Minds (last played December 6, 1996, or 1,021 shows). The venue was lit in Knicks orange and.blue prior to the show. In Axilla (Part II), Trey began the lyrics to part I, said "wait, we did that one already", and then sang part II. Talk and If I Could featured Trey on acoustic guitar. Harpua's narration focused on Jimmy stuck in the clouds for 30 years since Clifford Ball's unfinished version, all of the Phish moments he had missed, and Jimmy eventually being freed from the clouds and returning as an old man. You Enjoy Myself and Crosseyed featured Trey on mini drum kit. Trey introduced Fish as Elvis Presley in I Didn't Know (which was unfinished). Fish teased Buffalo Bill and quoted Suspicious Minds in Crosseyed. Trey played the encore in an Anastasio 96 Knicks jersey.

Download is missing Colonel Forbin's
ReplyDelete